Monday, November 8, 2010

Adele: Rise Of The Mummy

Adele: Rise of the mummy is what I spotted outside the cinema today. Basically that’s my only choice of movie to watch because I don’t watch horror movies or animation in cinema. What comes to my mind after read the title of the movie is it would have to be something related to search in tombs, stories about firaun would be told, history of Egypt would come into the picture and some cruel things might happen like sacrifice others for the dead to revive or things like that. The problem with that movie is it progressed too peacefully. Yet, I won’t say watching that movie is a waste. Actually I enjoyed the whole movie. My life full with ups and downs therefore I don’t need to watch anymore of that to make my life interesting. I like the scene it took, Old France, about similar to Old London. I love Old London as much as I love Sherlock Holmes. I don’t consider myself as a big fan but I love the character created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Dr Watson and Prof James Moriarty are included in my favorite list. Back to Adele Blanc-sec, the main character was a gorgeous woman. An adventurous, brave, beautiful and intelligent woman she is. Due to the story was set in France, be prepare to allow odd names come across your mind. To my surprise, the movie is actually an adventure comedy from France. The whole stories started with introduction of some characters, a few of them are not very useful characters but it did help to get u a better understanding towards the movie. You can totally be at ease when you watch this. I really love the lady, the story and the settings. A while ago, I mentioned that it’s a comedy. Yes, indeed it is. I wouldn’t say the jokes are real good but it managed to bring some laughter to the audiences. It don’t have to do stupid acts to make the movie funny, looking at Patmosis itself will make you laugh. I love those mummies. You may think mummies are eerie but after you’ve watched this, I bet you’ll think they’re cute. ROFL~
I fell in love with this comic book-to-film adaptation. Now I am getting  interested to read the book. 
Unusual adventures in Adele: Rise Of The Mummy (The Star; October 26, 2010)

The poster outside GSC

Personally I think this poster suits the movie more

No comments:

Post a Comment