Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sanctum – a sacred place where one is free from intrusion… or being alive.

 Where can you find a girl who drives 30km/way alone to UUM to bring both her cousins out for an outing to Jitra? Yes, I am self praising. It is indeed quite far but I am happy with it though I came back with swollen eyes due to exhaustion. It was great, even with single movie, nearby walkabout and thai-style dinner. Looking at my cousins, happily take in nice food, makes me think that I am elder sister, although a poor one. We’re like siblings. Since we’re the few who lives far away from home, I guess all this is normal. We went for Sanctum. Thank god that we made a good choice. It only airs in 3D, which made my head spins and nose ache, but I’m glad I insist on this movie. If you see people crying while watching that, don’t be surprise. 

The characters in the movie had to make tough decisions in order to keep them alive. The corpses are a little terrifying, the situations are quite forcing and the decisions made are about inhuman. I admit that I cried while watching it. There are parts that portrait mercy killing where they kill to end the suffering felt by victims. One is Luko, another is Frank. This movie leaves very deep impression to me. I remembered every scene I saw, every name I encountered and the way all victims end their life. Every move they took is life threatening.

From the creator of TITANIC and AVATAR, James Cameron once again proves that he’s one of the greatest filmmakers. Overall, Sanctum tell story about cave divers, the life of being there deep beneath the earth and the worst thing could happen to them. Surprisingly to find out the both writers, John Garvin and Andrew Wight are cave divers and what they wrote reveals the ecstasy of cave exploration and the danger awaits them. One more interesting part is get to see the real things on screen. There are no tricks in this movie. They are actually down there, somewhere underwater and start rolling. The actors did a excellent job. They may not have experience of being there, diving and going through the tight restrictions, pushing sentinel rebreather in front but they did it. A big applause to the actors, they are simply amazing. YOU should watch this with your own eyes.


4 comments:

  1. yo.. i watch that show d also..
    haha.. geli bit.. the gal hair gt cut.. yew.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea... i don't really dare to look at it.. she's too stubborn to listen to the professionals and his bf is a jerk..it was his mistake that his gf died yet he blamed others..

    ReplyDelete