Saturday, May 22, 2010

it's only words...

Day 2 (working in borders) – finally able to see what does a fellow worker at borders did after a proper training yesterday. FYI, there are 2 shifts, one starts morning and the other starts at late noon. Duration of work? Of course it’s 9HOURS! I was assigned duty at information counter the whole day for both working days, means I stood for 8hours straight each day. My leg still can take it but not my BACK. Back bone ached! Ah! I’m weak. BTW, I met the nice colleague everyone mentioned, FD, and thanks to him, I managed to fulfill some customers’ request. My biggest achievement yesterday, a guy from BOSTON came to fetch some mangas for his wife. Not simply any manga, it has to be the manga that suits kids of forth graders or fifth graders elementary school, so I have to filter those with sex scenes, too violent fights and try to avoid gothic ones. Fd was around but he stood there for seconds, thinking what should he do. I happily took up the request, recommended 2 at first. Frankly speaking, I did not read about all the mangas I recommended so I don’t know whether I did a good job. What torture me the most is working at info counter at noon. Those manusia have to do many things, ALONE. That’s what I face. I entertained two customers at a time. I run around the whole store and fd told me I was away from the info counter too long. Have to pay attention to that.

Those who love books, borders have several promotions going on. So stop by if u love books.

And those with HSBC, PUBLIC BANK, RHB, CITIBANK, AEON and MAYBANK credit cards and Jusco card, they have promotions too. Different credit cards entitled for different promotion. And those with JUSCO card, free RM5 voucher with every purchase of more than rm60 on full priced books. For mothers’ and fathers’ promo, if you want to buy a book, get a magazine and show them that you’re a JUSCO card holder, the book that you wish to buy will have 15% off. Terms and conditions apply (I read this many times during announcement).

I got to go now. Have to prepare for world war I. (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment