Thursday, May 20, 2010

work post - day 1


[captured from my uniform]

I wasn’t trying to complain anything about my first day at work, just to leave a mark on what had I done on my first day. It was a hectic day, where I finally realized that how fast can time flies. Indeed, with just a blink of eye, my working hours ended. I even go out late for lunch. My colleague, yc [another yc added to my friend list] stayed back just to complete her work. It’s not OT, we don’t really get paid for that, just to finish our work for the day. Poor thing, she got 10 cartons of books to wrap. As for me, I left earlier [after wrapping like mad]. I don’t even give a damn actually. According to the schedule, I was supposed to have training from 10am-1pm. Then later in the noon, I’ll be on duty at the information counter. However, I stayed at the information counter the whole day. Why? Cause the person that supposed to train me aren’t there. She asked my colleague, yc to teach me whatever she knows me. So there I go, memorizing the steps for book ordering, searching for books, trying my best to help the client where I myself don’t even know where is the specific shelves located and what are there in the shelves. The funny thing is, the customers keep coming to me, a trainee that knows nothing. Oh ya, I had fun making announcement. In fact, I ruined my very first announcement. My reading sucks! Not to forget, you have to end every announcement with “..(bla bla bla)… BORDERS, Your Place for Knowledge and Entertainment”. Haha.. The other creepy thing is I don’t even dare to pick up the phone. It’s like a curse or something when the phone rings. I’m not that scared to pick up the phone when I worked in clinic previously. Now, I got panicked whenever the phone rings.


[ my badge ]


……..

Mothers’ day – a day where you ‘sayang mama’ more than any other day. As usual, we had dinner together at somewhere special to celebrate mothers’ day. Previous years, my sibling and I will tend to get my mom something but this year my mom got us something, that is HONEY! Sweet huh..?? LOL! Mom said, “the two of you are extremely weak nowadays. Thus, this is what the both of you need.” Thanks mom. We’ll try to get healthier with the honey you bought specially for us. XXX



[the honey mom bought.. the big bottle, inside the box.. the thin bottle, limited edition.. hahahaha..]

No comments:

Post a Comment