Sunday, January 30, 2011

Imagination VS reality

Holiday begun last Thursday for my case and reached Penang on that evening. Driving home is the happiest thing happened on me within the duration of me left home, though it had been three years since I first drive home. Well, I guess you won’t get sick over things you enjoy to do very much. As usual, before the heaven comes, you have to experience the hell first. What I try to mean is I often have something serious to overcome before the holiday. Last Wednesday I had to sit for 421 test. FYI, 421 is the code of a course. From the beginning, salt&vinegar is a place for me to speak out my thoughts therefore blame me not if I say something harsh.

When this semester starts, many of the lecturers and program coordinator told undergraduates that syllabus would be changing. Everything well still as we have mentally prepare for the tough upcoming studies. Then we assumed that we’ll be exposed to the new style of test or examination as this is what the school do always. However something different happened. Our test paper is something we had never seen before. No, I should say it’s so much different than what we see before. So, what are students’ responses while sitting for the test? Curse and swear of course. On top of that, to make things worse, we only have one and a half hour to solve all three questions. Read the questions have occupied five minutes from our total time. That doesn’t include understanding the questions. Lecturers really thought we, students are all mighty. We have to allocate much time to solve question three which it required newton-raphson method to solve the question. Mind you, a normal person would usually take at least thirty minutes to settle that questions as we have to derive equations to suit the questions. Oh ya, the lecturer allow us to open book for the test but may I say that most of the candidates doesn’t finish the paper? I’m seeing hell again. Ok, promise fulfilled and let’s forget the unhappy things. Not much we can do anyway right? 
  
tutorial
test
          

To salt&vinegar readers, wish all of you Happy Chinese New Year and may all have a wonderful rabbit year ahead.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment